Can I Get Back Payment Protection
In recent years payment protection insurance has become a familiar subject to many United Kingdom citizens. Payment protection insurance (PPI) was created with the benefit of the borrowers in mind as it is supposed to make payments on behalf of the policyholder on insured loans in case the policyholder cannot pay the bill because of lack of income due to ill health. With millions of citizens using payment protection services and only 15% of policyholders able to use the coverage, it is plain to see why people are talking about it. People are angry that lenders have routinely sold the public PPI policies in which they could not use. The act of selling to consumers something they could not use is referred to as mis-selling. Lenders were in the habit of mis-selling PPI policies in order to charge more money to borrowers by way of interest rates on the money loaned and the PPI policy.
Consumers Filing Complaints against Lenders
These actions by the lenders have caused numerous PPI complaints to be filed a number of government agencies. There have been so many complaints in fact that the records have been broken two years consecutively. First, in 2009 with over 30,000 complaints about claiming back bank charges then the next year there were just under 50,000 citizens wanting to claim back PPI. With all the turmoil surrounding payment protection insurance it is no wonder that the mis-selling of payment protection insurance has been cited as being one of the biggest scams in recent years.
What to Do If You Have Been Scammed
If you suspect that you have been scammed by a lender selling payment protection you must first be able to prove you were mis-sold a payment protection policy. Payment protection claims company can help by letting you ask them a few questions such as:
- Can I get back payment protection payments if I was unemployed at the time of the policy?
- Can I get back payment protection payments if I'm a senior citizen?
- Can I get back payment protection payments if I was not told payment protection was optional?
- Can I get back payment protection payments if I was told it would help my chances of getting a loan?
- Can I get back payment protection payments if I was not told about my payment protection policy?
- Can I get back payment protection fees associated with my payment protection policy?
Most PPI claims companies would answer the above questions as follow:
- Yes, if you unemployed at the time of your policy then you were mis-sold your payment protection policy.
- Yes, senior citizens under most payment protection policies are not eligible for coverage meaning that the lender did not advise you as to the requirements for eligibility.
- Yes, if a lender did not tell you payment protection was optional they were passively forcing payment protection on you.
- Yes, lenders telling borrowers that payment protection will increase the chances of get along with another way to passively forcing payment protection on you.
- Yes, if you're not informed at all about a payment protection policy and were surprised when receiving monthly statements regarding one you automatically qualify.
- Yes, if you were mis-sold payment protection insurance.
A good PPI company will be able to answer all these and so much more. To get your claim started today, call 0207 471 2000.
blog comments powered by