Can I Get Bank Charges Back
Even though at the time it went unnoticed, payment protection policies were mis-sold in record numbers. Many people were unaware of the exclusivity of payment protection policies. It was estimated that only about 15% of protection insurance policy holders actually met the requirements for eligibility, leaving 85% to pay for a policy in which they can never benefit from. The Financial Ombudsman Service has gotten to see their fair share of the trade with the mis sold PPI scam that has caused massive amounts of complaints to be filed.
What Went Wrong
Payment protection at its roots was designed with the intentions providing the consumer with a tangible service. The service it intended to provide was make payments for its policyholders on financial services in case the policyholder was unable to pay due to unemployment or ill health. The problem started to arise when lenders mis sold payment protection to its borrowers. Mis-selling occurs when a service or goods are sold to someone who is unable to make good use of them. These types of sales have caused problems with many financial institutions, especially banks prompting many policyholders to wonder can I get bank charges back.
Where to Find Assistance
If someone is looking for assistance in dealing with how to get a PPI claim started, there are PPI claims companies who have professional claims specialists who can offer help with PPI claims. In fact, some PPI claims companies can get claims started in as little as 24 hours and a PPI refund in as little as eight weeks. Make sure you look for companies that are certified by the Ministry of Justice. The Ministry of Justice ensures that borrowers would not be scammed a second time by only certifying PPI claims companies that follow very strict guidelines in regards to how claims are handled. A few companies offer free consultation and work on a no win no fee basis. These companies can answer:
- Can I get bank charges back if I have a PPI policy?
- Can I get bank charges back if I have closed the bank account?
- Can I get bank charges back if it was a joint account?
- Can I get bank charges back if I was sick?
- Can I get bank charges back if I was a student?
Many PPI claims companies would answer the above questions with these responses. You can claim back bank charges if you had a PPI policy and can prove they would mis-sold. You can get back bank charges if you have closed the account and still have documentation on how much money was charged. You can get back bank charges if you are sick because PPI policies are supposed to cover sick people. Unless of course, you don't meet the requirements of eligibility, and being that you weren't advised the terms of these requirements regarding the PPI policy. In such a situation you would be entitled to a full refund from the lender. You can get back bank charges if you are a student at the beginning of the PPI policy. For further information on who is eligible for a PPI claim back call a claims specialist today on 0207 471 2000.
blog comments powered by