Belmont Thornton Logo
PPI Claims - About PPI

PPI Claim News

 
Bank claim: MEPs approve cap on banker bonuses

New laws which restrict banker bonuses have been approved by Members of the European Parliament (MEPs).

From 2011, bankers will only receive 30 per cent of their annual bonus in cash up-front, while employees will only earn the remaining 70 per cent if the company performs well.

Michel Barnier, the EU's financial services commissioner, expressed his belief that the new legislation would help put an end to excessive bonuses and salaries in the financial sector.

"There will be no return to business as usual Banks will need to change radically their practices and the mentality that have led in many cases to excessive risk-taking and contributed to the financial crisis," he said.

MEPs gave huge support to implementing the new rules with the final vote finishing 625-28 in favour.

In 2009, bankers took home £6 billion in bonuses and they are expected to collect an extra £0.8 billion in 2010.

Posted by Jennifer Haines

Jennifer's speciality knowledge is credit card changes and balance transfers. ADNFCR-2776-ID-800000939-ADNFCR



Bookmark and Share
Tell a Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus

Enquiry Form

First Name 
Last Name 
Mobile Phone
Home Phone
Address Line 1 
Town
County
Post Code 
Email 
Circumstances
Claim Back Mis-Sold PPI Button

Belmont Thornton Limited is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities; our registration is recorded on the website www.gov.uk/moj/cmr number 18273

Belmont Thornton Limited is incorporated in England and Wales, Company number 6621233, whose head office at Unit B16, Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, Portishead, Bristol, BS20 7AN and registered office at Harwood House, 43 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QP.

Belmont Thornton Limited is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. Registration number Z1728023.

Please note that calls may be monitored for the purposes of staff training.

* Belmont Thornton operates on a "No Win No Fee" basis. This means that there are no upfront costs to pay. Our fee only becomes payable on a successful outcome of a claim. A cancellation fee is payable if you decide that having instructed Belmont Thornton to act on your behalf, and after 14 days of signing your Letter of Authority, you do not wish to continue pursuing your claim with us. The cancellation fee is the reasonable costs incurred for the work undertaken. Please see our terms of engagement.

By using our web-site, you agree that we can place the types of cookies described in our privacy policy on your device.Hide